Last Modified: December 20, 2016
- Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our site, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information
- Information you provide in public forumson our site
- Information you provide to us when you use our site or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account
- Location information when you visit our site, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our site (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our site or open emails we send
- How We Collect Your Information
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our site and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
- Use of Your Information by Dear Doodles
Dear Doodles may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our site or changes to our policies
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- Personalize content and experiences
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our site and applications and on third-party sites and applications
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
We will not share your personal information outside Dear Doodles except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
(a) Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
(b) Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery and customer service
- Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- You may choose whether we share your personal informationwith other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
- Children’s Privacy
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our site. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parentsabout our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted
- Data Security, Integrity and Retention
- Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
Wherever your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. Additionally, when using or disclosing personal information transferred from the European Union, we use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, adopt other means under European Union law for ensuring adequate safeguards, or obtain your consent. We also apply the substantive requirements of standard contractual clauses when transferring personal information from Australia.
- Comments and Questions
Notice to California Residents:
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, send a request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content.
Aggregate Information. Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of guests, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual guest.
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual guest.
Children. Children means individuals who we have identified are not of legal age to consent to the collection and processing of their personal information. In the United States and Latin America, the term “children” refers to individuals under 13 years of age.
IP Address. An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our site and applications, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Notice. Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our site and applications, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
Parents. Parents means a parent or legal guardian.
Personal information. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information.